January 24, 2006

Dawning of the age

They have the radio on during the buffet breakfast at my hotel: at some point yesterday I was surprised to hear it play Aquarius. I don't often get to hear that record, but when I do it always reminds me of a conversation I had with a girl called Dawn I used to work with at the DSS in Oxford nearly twenty years ago. She was saying that her birthday was coming up and I asked her what her star sign was. She told me Capricorn (or something) and I said that was a shame: if only it had been Aquarius. Because then, it would have been the ageing of the Dawn in Aquarius. She gave me a funny look.

1 Comments:

At January 25, 2006 2:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was once watching one of those cheap imports ITV shoves out on a Saturday afternoon, one of those Making Of... puff pieces that fills half an hour and tells precisely nothing of interest. This particular programme accompanied that huge turkey Hulk and showed the director, Ang Lee, wearing a lycra suit studded with metal tags. Lee proceeded to act out movements to be recorded by a motion capture computer, which would then be used to animate the titular superhero. At this point my companion turned to me and whispered "Don't make me Ang Lee. You won't like me when I'm Ang Lee."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home